Daily Habits for Flawless, Fabulous Skin
How often have you admired a woman with glowing, flawless skin? How often have you envied older women with a youthful complexion? Beauty starts from within, you’ve often heard. Nowhere does this hold more true than your skin. Only with daily, stringent skin care can you get the results you wish for.
Skincare is a lifelong habit. You don’t need expensive products for good results. Just look into your kitchen or garden. This will also save you a lot of money. Here are a few tips from our experts at Absolutely Fabulous Urban Spa to get you the skin you have always envied in others.
1. Drink the Right Liquids: Routine skin care starts from the moment you wake up to the time you sleep. Replace that mug of hot, steaming coffee first thing in the morning with a glass of warm water. Squeeze half a lemon or lime and a teaspoon or two of honey to hydrate your skin, activate metabolism, and improve digestion, all of which are imperative for healthy, glowing skin.
2. Identify Your Skin Type: You need to understand your skin type. Different skin types need different carrying techniques. It is important to know whether your skin is oily, dry, a combination (T-zone oily – forehead and chin; C-zone dry – cheeks ) or normal, before you start on a home regimen.
3. Moisturize with Natural Ingredients: Once you are aware of your skin type, choose the right ingredients from the suggestions below to moisturize your skin:
● Dry Skin: Pure virgin coconut oil, mashed ripe bananas, olive oil, almond oil, fresh cream, honey, avocado, aloe vera
● Oily Skin: Egg white, tomatoes, lemon juice, tomato juice, cucumber
● Combination skin: Avocado, mashed bananas, cucumber, unsweetened yogurt, milk, honey
● Normal Skin: Yogurt, almond oil, honey, avocado, tomato juice, mashed ripe bananas
4. Homemade Exfoliants: It is important to scrub away dead skin cells and pollutants from your skin once or twice a week, especially in the summer months. To prepare an exfoliant, simple mix equal parts of your choice of liquids mentioned for your skin type (above) with one of these exfoliants:
● Dried Oats
● White or Brown Sugar
5. Eat Healthy: Your diet is the key to glowing, healthy skin. Make sure you have foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fresh salads and fruits, a variety of vegetables, especially green, leafy ones, foods rich in protein and low in high glycemic index (simple and complex carbohydrates).
Start your new regimen once a week. Gradually increase to twice a week if you feel the need. If you have dry skin, make sure you moisturize before you sleep. If you have oily, a combination or normal skin, use a daily cleanser or toner to gently remove daily grime before you lightly moisturize. Make sure you remove all makeup before you sleep at night. Makeup clogs pores and leads to breakouts. Never forget your sunscreen before you step out in the sun.
Consult Absolutely Urban Fabulous Spa for Facials and Extra Skin Care
If you are uncertain about your skin type or need a deep cleansing facial, call us. Our trained skin care therapists administer progressive treatments especially suited to your skin type. You can choose from an array of facials and treatments to correct blemishes and acne and enjoy youthful, glowing skin. Call us today to schedule an appointment.